There are lots of fun things going on at the Williams' house these days. Here is our August Top 5 List.
5. Running - I have started training for the Des Moines Marathon 5K race. My goal is to run the whole thing. I have made it to week 5 in the training. Tonight I ran 8 minutes and walked 2 minutes 3 times!! I never thought running 8 minutes would be possible back when I was just running 2 minutes BUT it is!!
I think it my new shoes have really made a difference. This was a big splurge for me but they are amazing!
4. School - The end of summer has not really been a sad time for me. It was a great summer but I am really excited to get back to school. I feel much more organized and prepared for my second year in the classroom. I am most excited about our new math curriculum, my newly organized classroom library and my fish, Oreo's, new rock/plants in his aquarium.
3. Family Time - We really enjoyed spending a day in Clear Lake with Jeff's family for a day of kayaking, tubing, and boating. It was a blast! We celebrated his niece's birthday and had a yummy grill-out! We also had the pleasure of spending a whole weekend at the Ramada Waterpark in Des Moines with the Menefee family. It was so fun! We even had a SPOONS card tournament. Here I am with my cousin Amanda. She was the winner this year! She will take home the big spoon and decorate it for next year. I think I see Cyclone decorations in its future!!
2. Kitchen Remodel - We have been working on making plans to do some updates on our house. I am most excited about our plans to remodel our kitchen. Here is a sneak peek at what we have been working on...
1. Cup of Faith Study - Over the last 60 days I have been blessed to have 20 women walking with me through an experiment.
First, I asked these women to answer a simple question daily. "How full is your cup today?" I asked these women to think about their spiritual state for 30 days and respond to a daily survey.
For the next 30 days they were given a morning devotion to read within one hour of waking (if possible). Each day's devotion included 2 focus points - a question and an action. At the end of the day they would also answer the daily survey again.
My hope was to see a correlation between their spiritual state and a daily time in the Word. More to come on the findings of that soon!