Saturday, December 14, 2013

One Week

It is SO hard to believe that it is ONE week until our wedding!! I have been so busy with preparations that I haven't had a moment to blog. Here are some updates:

1. Engagement Announcement - This past week our engagement announcement ran in the Guthrie Center Times and in the Madrid paper. I thought it turned out great!!



2. Alicia moved to Madrid!

On Thanksgiving night Jeff and I started moving boxes up to OUR house. Jeff was kind enough to spend his last month as an unmarried man living with his mom and dad. This gave me a chance to get settled. He is a gentleman...just another reason I love him!! The transition went really well once I found my necessities buried in all my boxes. I am SO looking forward to living with Jeff!!

3. Alicia joined a gym in Madrid!!

After doing Farrells this summer and early fall I realized I am really a happier person when I am working out. Jeff's sister introduced me to a morning exercise class that I have attended three times and really like it! It is fun to meet some new people from Madrid too!

4. We celebrated my dad's 70th birthday!!

We had an AWESOME birthday party for my dad last Saturday. We had dinner at Okoboji Grill and then shared a red velvet birthday cake I brought! Evie had organized the coolest birthday gift for him. She asked friends and family to send her memories of dad. She put them into 70 envelopes! He loved it!!



5. Emotions

I can almost guess that this week will be a whirlwind of emotions! I am trying to balance my last four days of school work, preparing for the wedding, getting myself all dolled up and thinking about what I need to pack for our honeymoon. Luckily we don't leave until Monday so I may worry about that after the wedding!! I am just praying for God to fill me with the peace that passes all understanding. That in the midst of a stressful time I can feel joyful and thankful for this amazing time in my life!!

6. A few wedding sneak peeks..
We will be having a hot chocolate bar at our reception!!
We will be having JENGA blocks for our guest book!!


Our ring bearer's sign!



No comments:

Post a Comment