Sunday, April 20, 2014

Galena

This past weekend we had the joy of going on a weekend trip with Jeff's family! The trip was planned to celebrate his parent's anniversary! Since I had to work on Friday we didn't head out until Friday after school. We arrived in Dubuque at 8 for dinner with the family at this cute restaurant Crust. It was delicious!! 
We stayed at a cute hotel in Galena with a water slide! We had a blast swimming with the family! You can see Jeff coming down the slide here trying to make a BIG splash!

On Saturday we hit Galena with the family! First we toured Ulyssus S. Grant's home.  I loved the dining room! Everything was so beautiful!!


Then we headed downtown Galena to shop! Our big purchases of the day included my new hat, root beer, a MOPAR t-shirt for Jeff, and our favorite "Leroy the donkey"!!!

It was a wonderful trip with his family! I am so thankful for each of them!! 


On Easter I was thrilled to have my parents come to Madrid to go to church with us! After church we walked out the High Trestle Bridge and then went out for ice cream. We are so blessed to have parents who love us and love to be with us!

No comments:

Post a Comment