Friday, April 11, 2014

Living Room Dreams

Since I moved into our house in Madrid I have been dreaming about how to decorate our living room. Here are my top ideas right now:


1. Navy Blue accent wall with white and yellow accents. I like this color scheme because I have oak trim and I think it would work well with it. What makes me nervous is painting a wall this dark of a color.

2. Taupe Accent Wall - I really love this taupe color with the oak floors. My worry with this is that it could be a little boring.  I also have a hard time seeing what it would look like without the white trim. 


3. Yellow accent wall - I love this color because it is very happy! Our kitchen has some yellow accents in it so I think it would be a nice transition. I also think this could look nice with the oak trim.

4. Stone Accent Wall - Rather than going with a wall color I kind of like the idea of adding a new texture to my accent wall. I think this would be much more expensive than paint so we probably won't go with this one.

5. Curtains - I had registered for these curtains for our bedroom. After laying them out next to my bedspread they didn't really match. BUT I LOVE THEM!! So I think I can use them in the living room. I love that they are feminine but not over the top (I hope).

Here are my options: 

1.  Ivory walls with an accent wall of gray. 

2. Ivory walls with an accent wall of turquoise. 

3. Gray walls with an accent wall of turquoise


I am thinking I can combine the yellow that I love with the turquoise color scheme too!! Here are the curtains in a different color but with a blue accent. Very beautiful!! I hoping the turquoise would be more bold than this light blue. I can't wait to start the transformation!!

No comments:

Post a Comment