Saturday, February 8, 2014

Recipe #3 - Baked Ziti

In the fall I was given a wonderful kitchen bridal shower. I have been trying to make my way through my new box of recipes. This week I tried a recipe from our church friend, Jen Maach's Baked Ziti recipe. It was so good and really pretty simple!! Great job Jen!!!

 

The supplies you need are pretty basic - you may even have them in your kitchen. I just had to pick up Italian Bread Crumbs.






First, I browned one pound of hamburger, saute'd half an onion in the meat, and added two jars of spaghetti sauce.


After cooking a box of ziti noodles I added them to a baking dish and layered mozzarella/provolone and sour cream on top of that. Then half the meat sauce, another layer of noodles, then cheese, sour cream and more sauce. 

On top of the TOP layer of sauce I added parmesan and basil. 

 

After it baked for 35 mins on 350 degrees it was ready to be eaten!! It was DELICIOUS!!


1 comment: