Thursday, February 6, 2014

We are getting a little CUCKOO!!

Years ago my Grandpa and Grandma Menefee started the tradition of giving their grandchildren money towards a clock of their choice for their wedding. Although John and Ella are no longer with us the tradition continues (thanks to my dear Aunt Melodee). My grandmother, Savilla Schrader, also left us money towards a special purchase for our wedding. We combined our gifts to purchase an amazing clock!!


Here is a picture of the clock we chose! It is a traditional German Cuckoo clock. I think it really honors my German heritage on my Mom's side of the family. 


The thing that set this clock apart from the others was that the couple in the front turns its head and kisses on the hour. I think it speaks highly to the love my grandparents had for their spouses. I also pray that it is symbol of the love Jeff and I will continue to grow in for each other!

Here is a video of the song and dance we hear on the hour...every hour! Watch closely to see the water wheel turn, the couple turn and kiss, the dancers dance in the circle, and the little cuckoo bird pops out at the top. (The song starts 7 seconds into the video)

 

We know that a cuckoo clock isn't everyone's cup of tea but we look forward to having it for the rest of our lives and passing it on to little Williams' someday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment