Thursday, October 1, 2015

Week 1 Menu

Menu Freebie

I have decided to share my weekly menus/grocery lists. I am hoping that sharing my menus might make things a little easier for other families.

 

 

Here are few helpful hints about how I plan my menu: 

 

1. I have usually plan six meals to be made throughout the week. I include a "No cook" day which can be used for eating out or having leftovers. I enjoy eating out and I look forward to one night when I don't have to do any preparations. Feel free to move your "No Cook" day to the day of the week that fits your family best. 

 

2.  I try to do a combination of complex recipes and simple meals like grilling out. 

 

3. I always plan a meal on Sunday nights that is good for leftovers because both my husband and I take our lunch to work. Then I rotate meals that will have leftovers (example: lasagna, meatloaf, etc) with one-shot meals (example: steaks on the grill, pancakes, etc). Monday might be a leftover meal and then Tuesday would be a one-shot meal, etc.

 

 4. I have included the links to the recipes that I found online. I have also attached a picture of my own personal recipe if it is on a recipe card.  

 

 

Here are few helpful hints about how I plan my grocery list: 

 

1. I organize the ingredients by location in the grocery store. I shop at Fareway but hopefully they are grouped in a way that will work in any grocery store. 

 

2. The list ONLY reflects what I need for these recipes. You might need to add other items. Note: I include the total amount of the item for the week. For example, if two recipes call for chicken broth I put the total amount of broth I need for the week (8 cups divided between 2 recipes).

 

3. Home Ingredients - I have included a separate list of items that are commonly found in kitchen pantries. Check this part of the list quickly to see if you have all these items. 

 

 

I can't figure out how to embed a word document into my blog so I just copied and pasted it in. I hope you enjoy!! 

Alicia :) 

 

Week 1 Menu

Monday – White Chicken Lasagna

Tuesday – Pancakes and Eggs

Wednesday Asian Chicken Wraps and Egg Drop Soup

Thursday  Little Cheddar Meatloaves (see attached picture)

Friday -  Grill Out:  Steak, Potatoes and Pepper and Onion

Saturday  No cook day: Eat Out or Leftovers

Sunday Burrito Bowls


__________________________________________________

Grocery List

Green Onion (garnish)
2 White Onions
1 Yellow Onion
Lettuce (1 head)
Shredded Carrots
Potatoes (1 per person)
1 Green Pepper
2 Red Pepper
Fresh Parsley (optional garnish)
Cilantro (optional garnish)
Tomatoes (optional garnish)
Avocado (optional garnish)

1 can Creamed Corn
1 can black beans
1 can corn
1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
Chicken Broth (8 cups)

Lasagna Noodles

Rice (1 cup)
General Tso’s Sauce
Teriyaki Sauce
Chow Mein Noodles
Sesame Oil

1 (4 oz) can diced green chiles
Tortillas (Large)
Salsa (1/3 cup)


Chicken (4 cups)
Steak
Hamburger

1 Shredded Cheddar Cheese
2 Shredded Mozzarella
1 Grated Parmesan
Ricotta Cheese (2 cups)
Sour Cream

Frozen Spinach (1 package)


Home Ingredients
Butter
Flour
Salt
Pepper
Milk
Dried Basil
Dried Oregano
Baking Powder
Sugar
Eggs
Vanilla
Corn Starch
Ground Ginger
Garlic Powder
Olive Oil
Taco Seasoning
Chili Powder
Syrup 
Ketchup
Mustard
Brown Sugar
Quick Oats


1 comment:

  1. I just started using Plan to Eat for menu planning. It's online and only coats around $40/year. I love it! It makes the grocery list for you, and you can just "clip" the recipes into your plan to eat recipe box! Thanks for sharing your recipes!

    ReplyDelete